In the uniform supply business, there's service… and then there's UniFirst service. And when comparing providers, it's important to understand that not all uniform companies are created equal. Take a close look at how UniFirst people, products, and service can make all the difference when it comes to your company's professional business image and bottom line.
People Back to top
UniFirst is dedicated to hiring only employee Team Partners who share our “Core Values”… those who consistently conduct business with:
- Customer Focus
- Respect for Others
- Commitment to Quality
Our essentials of service
To say that UniFirst Team Partners are motivated to succeed is only part of the picture. Our staff, individually and collectively, commits to following our “Essentials of Service,” which can be summed up in three main ideas:
- We must always strive to understand each customer's unique needs in order to deliver service that exceeds their expectations.
- We must handle any customer issues or concerns quickly and resolve problems immediately.
- We are all responsible for improving customer satisfaction.
Our “family” culture and unified customer commitments are just two of the many ways we maintain our industry-high employee tenure. Longer service tenure helps us deliver better customer service. Average tenure with UniFirst:
- Route Representatives - 9 years
- Service Staff - 15 years
- Top 100 Managers - 20 years
Not all suppliers agree, but at UniFirst we believe that by empowering our Team Partners at all levels to solve customer issues, we better satisfy your needs, and foster an atmosphere of employee contentment and pride. Empowering our staff has led to enhanced customer service levels and helps drive our Company's continuous success and prosperity.
Products Back to top
When it comes to meeting work apparel needs, nobody listens more than we do. In fact, by maintaining open channels of communications with our uniform wearers, we've developed our industry leading lines of UniFirst branded work clothing.
Exclusive UniFirst working wear brands
Innovative styles, comfort, wearability, and value have made UniFirst uniforms and workwear popular nationwide, and in all types of industries. By manufacturing our own work clothing, we ensure your uniforms truly “fit the way you work.”
Unmatched selection of workwear and ancillary items
We recognize that your employee uniforms and facility service product needs are unique. And no supplier in our industry has a broader range of expertise than UniFirst.
- More than 35,000 in stock product SKUs, over 300,000 SKUs in total
- Customized garments to your specifications
- High resolution garment personalization (emblems, embroidery, and screen printing)
Service Back to top
The best uniforms and facility service products are of little use if they aren’t delivered on time, every time, and looking their very best. That’s why we invest so much time, effort, and resources into creating and maintaining a local service infrastructure at all our locations that’s second to none. It’s this emphasis on our service systems, and the responsiveness of our support team, that sets us apart from competitors… and has earned UniFirst an average customer relationship length in excess of 12 years.
Our service commitment to you begins long before any program deliveries are made.
- Our consultative Customer Needs Analysis (CNA) helps determine the right workwear and ancillary products to meet your needs.
- We make recommendations how to best maintain, improve, or establish a new business image for your company in the most cost-effective manner.
- We schedule “Try-for-Size” on-site fittings for every wearer to ensure a perfect uniform fit.
- We thoroughly review all aspects of your new managed program prior to our seamless program installation.
On-time deliveries, no shortages
We guarantee your uniforms and facility service supplies are delivered as expected and on the agreed upon schedule. It's that simple. And we maintain extra inventories at your local UniFirst servicing center to help make sure your employees are always in uniform, looking professional.
When we process your hygienically laundered and finished uniforms, we check them at least four times prior to delivery to be sure you always receive back what is turned in. To help eliminate shortages, we scan or count your garments:
- Upon pick-up at your facility
- After processing and sorting
- When loading into delivery truck
- At delivery back to you
Triple pro service team
Unlike other suppliers, when you choose UniFirst you get three dedicated UniFirst service professionals working on your account at all times. This ensures you consistently receive the quality products and services your business deserves, and that you always get quick resolutions to any concerns you may have.
Free Shirt Pressing
To enhance your professional appearance, unlike other providers, we press all your work shirts at no additional charge.
Learn more about UniFirst shirt pressing.
Our Automatic Mend System includes a comprehensive, 10-point inspection of every garment every time it's processed, helping to ensure that needed repairs (or replacements) are taken care of before you ever have to ask. Learn more about our automatic repairs and replacements.
At UniFirst, we’re always measuring your service and satisfaction levels to ensure that everything lives up to your expectations (and our guarantee).
- Face to face “goodwill” visits with your local Service Manager
- Performance Report Card service ratings (97% service satisfaction)
- Wearer Satisfaction Survey Cards
All these programs are closely monitored by our corporate headquarters for review and any required follow up.
“Closed Loop” tracking of service requests
To guarantee quick resolution for all service requests, we use a closed-loop, computerized tracking system called Request for Customer Action (RFCA). With this automated tracking and resolution process, issues never fall through the cracks.
- Records all issues for follow up within 24 hours
- Assigns clear accountability for actions
- Maintains a history of requests and actions taken
- Closes the request only after your satisfaction is confirmed
Investing in you
UniFirst continually invests in the latest technologies and proprietary service systems in order meet your business today, and in the future. We’re committed to continuous investments all that we do to constantly add more value to what we provide you, each and every week.
So listen carefully to what the others say they'll do, then take a close look at how UniFirst PEOPLE, PRODUCTS, and SERVICE can make all the difference when it comes to your company's professional business image. We promise to make your uniform service transition smooth and trouble-free, and we guarantee your satisfaction.
When you compare carefully, you'll choose UniFirst.